07 December 2007

London so far

Crap...someone has turned off the lights and the heater!!
The plane touched down at 7:00am. The seating on the A340 was the worst, absolutely no leeway for a bloke my size to relax on the third and final leg, I was wrecked when I got off AND I had to stay awake for the rest of the day! The service on Etihad was good and the food was great.
The Victory Services Club is not too bad, the room is tiny, pic to follow, but the breakfast and public areas are OK. The porters are helpful and can point you in the right directions for nearby amenities.
Did I mention that it is cold.
I Tubed over to Harrods, bought the usual stuff, bags (one for Stasha), and a teddy bear for my youngest.
I wandered through Hyde Park yesterday to Buckingham Palace, The Royal Signals Corps are on guard! Spent up big in the gift shop. Got a DVD of the changing of the guard (couldn't resist), some 22ct gold spoons, a T-shirt and gift soaps. Had a chat to one of the coppers and watched as the Guard Commander inspected some troops and saw a few dignitaries leave after a morning tea. I couldn't help but find some fault in the guards drill, couldn't help myself... :) .
Got some DVD's and Mags from the Virgin Megastore at Piccadilly Circus (Mark was chuffed and will soon be broke...).
Will try again to see the change of the guard today, so far the weather is good so the whole thing should be on, if it's wet they shorten it.
That's all folks, will update soon.

Les.

No comments: